Sensual Energies

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A Good Comeback

Another Writing Related post that needs to be moved --

When asked why it takes me so long to work on and complete a manuscript?

My response - I'm sorry but I only have 26 letters to work with.

It amazes me how easy people think it is to write a book. Let me correct that a good book and then to get it requested, agented or published.

Also I'm reminded of the fact that if it were that easy to do then everyone would be doing it. Kinda like breathing.

Now most people can write, if they are literate, and that's not a slam. But a lot of people can't write.

Understand?

Let me further clarify, it's not as easy as it looks. It's more than just throwing words on a paper or typing them into a word processing program.

So thinking about this, writers are a rare breed of people. Personally sometimes I think you have to be alittle bit loco to want to write a book. Do you understand the criticism and rejection that you are opening yourself up to?

To write a book, to want to write a good book and get it published for hopeffully millions of people to read - you have to be or have:

strength
independent
thinker - quick, advanced, free
persistent
manipulative
perserverance
thick skin
imaginative
desire
go-getter
open-minded
heart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home